Sunday, October 25, 2009

Inaugural Flower Share Commenced!


















Through the support of 6 other lovely gals, the first flower share commenced yesterday! I was a slight bunch of nerves the night before as I was running around town trying to figure out the most pragmatic vessel to arrange with (solution: ikea beer glass, pack of 6 for $8) and of course I couldn't help but wonder what the next day was to bring.

I went to the Oakland Flower Market at 10, came out with 2 bunches of peachy yellow dahlias, 2 bunches of fiery red cocks comb, 2 bunches of pepperberry, and 1 bunch of peachy spray roses... summing to $47 --- I was so on target! I had initially thought that I was going to make a mostly green and white arrangement but the faded rosy color of the pepperberry led me in another direction.






















It could be the season but I feel like next time I would love to give the SF SOMA Flower Market a shot. I have been there once with May in the early afternoon on a Saturday, it was a literal ghost town. The SF SOMA Flower Mart is a crowd of at least half a dozen of flower wholesalers. It is only open to the public past 10AM on Saturdays... The Oakland Market really just seemed to be lacking selection and quality? I guess I am just curious about what's on the other side of the bay.

I did the arranging at May's and came out with 7 of the following arrangements in an 1 hour and 5 minutes. May also made some wonderfully formed and tasty lemon bars. The gals came over and we watched the afternoon slip away...

May's bars!

















I was initially disappointed about how empty each vase as the bunches were only took 1/5 space of the vase. While at home, I did use a rubber band to better consolidate the flowers in a huddle. Great results for now!

8 comments:

Beboop said...

See my lemon teapot

genevieve said...

props!!! :)
it was nice seeing you!!!

第二回合 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
王鈺雯 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WilmerD_Sho玉鳳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.